(2) We've tested these phones on a standard AT&T analog phone line, on Cablevision VoIP phone service, on two industry-standard telephone testers, and on Panasonic KX-TD1232 and NEC DSX hybrid phone systems. They work fine. However, we have had a few reports from people saying that the lights don't flash.
In every case, when the phones have been returned to us, they worked properly. If your phone does not flash, it is probably due to "low ring voltage." This may be caused by a phone company problem, or you may have too many phones connected.
The phones are designed for and tested to work in a range of "normal" environments, but we can't guarantee that they will work everywhere.
If your light doesn't flash, please call us at 1.888.225.3999 before returning the phone and we will try to help you.
You may be able to get your phone company to provide more power or you may need a Phone Line Power Booster.
(3) Our Batphones are inspired by the Batphones used in the 1960s TV series. They are not exact replicas, but are better in one extremely significant way. They are REAL PHONES, not props. They are designed for conversations, not just for looking at.
(4) You can select from several ringing sounds: (a) standard "mechanical" bell, (b) Batfart buzzer, (c) electronic Batsignal. It's an exciting attention-getting bat-like electronic ring signal. It's powerful enough to wake up Alfred. The original bell will be removed when the electronic signal is installed for you. The signal is pre-set to a "medium" volume level, but it can be easily adjusted from low to a LOUD SCREECH.
(5) The light and ringing sound are powered by your phone service provider. No batteries or power cord are needed.
(6) The Batphone is designed to connect to an ordinary analog phone line, or an analog extension port in a digital phone system, or analog service from a cable TV or VOIP provider.
(7) Our genuine Batphones are provided with high-quality modular cords. Cords unplug easily if you need to replace a damaged cord or want a longer cord. PHONE CORDS
(8) Some needed components for "classic" Batphones are no longer made. Your phone may contain a mix of brand-new, New Old Stock, and refurbished components. Unless you open it up or turn it over, you would not know it's not all new.